08Kinder , LA
Coushatta Casino Resort
14North Lawrence, OH
The Country Fest @ Clay's Park
America's River Festival
Lynyrd Skynyrd will be participating in multiple signings and events around the release of their latest album, Last of a Dyin' Breed, which will be available everywhere on August 21. Here's where to be if you want to meet the band and get your autographed copy of the new album:
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - Walmart, 899 Blanding Blvd., Orange Park, FL 6-8 PM
Thursday, August 23, 2012 - FYE, 5900 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 5-7 PM
Saturday, August 25, 2012 - Walmart, 25241 Perdido Beach Blvd., Orange Beach, AL 1-3 PM
Friday, August 31, 2012 - Walmart, 8445 Highway 51 North, Millington, TN 1-3 PM
LYNYRD SKYNYRD SET FOR EVENTS DURING
REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION IN TAMPA
WITH CONCERT PERFORMANCE
TUNE IN: Lynyrd Skynyrd on FOX & Friends
“All American Concert Series” – August 17
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (August 13, 2011) – Rock & Roll Hall of Fame members Lynyrd Skynyrd are set to perform during events outside of the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida on Sunday, August 26 as part of the fundraising event Citizens Helping Heroes presents Southern Tribute IV Honoring America’s Heroes. The concert takes place at The American Action Network Pavilion at Liberty Plaza (corner of South Morgan & East Whiting Streets next to the Tampa Times Forum) and is open to paid sponsors and their guests. Lynyrd Skynyrd’s show launches the four-day event which also includes performances by Trace Adkins (8/28) and Kid Rock (8/29).
Tune In for Lynyrd Skynyrd’s performance live from New York City as part of the FOX & Friends “All American Concert Series” on Friday, August 17th during the 8am (ET) hour. The concert is open to the public (corner of 48th St and 6th Avenue) with free food offered all morning from Famous Dave’s BBQ.
This free live performance is the 13th of the 14-week outdoor concert series held in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, directly outside the FOX News studios (48th & 6th). Lynyrd Skynyrd, known for their Southern rock anthems, will perform several new songs from their forthcoming album Last of a Dyin’ Breed due in stores on August 21st on Loud & Proud / Roadrunner Records as well as some of their notable anthems including “Sweet Home Alabama.”
Viewers will also be able to visit the FOX & Friends website at www.foxandfriends.com, which will feature post-performance coverage of the group's appearance.
About Lynyrd Skynyrd:
With a catalog of over 60 albums, sales beyond 30 million worldwide and their beloved classic American rock anthem “Sweet Home Alabama” having over two million downloaded ringtones, Rock & Roll Hall of Famers Lynyrd Skynyrd remains a cultural icon that appeals to all generations. Led by core members Gary Rossington (guitar), Johnny Van Zant (vocals) and Rickey Medlocke (guitar), Lynyrd Skynyrd continues the tremendous legacy that began over 35 years ago in Jacksonville, Florida with their August 21, 2012 release, Last Of A Dyin’ Breed, a legacy that was halted for a decade after the 1977 plane crash that killed three band members, including Ronnie Van Zant and Steve Gaines. Since then, the band tragically lost Billy Powell, Ean Evans, Allen Collins, Leon Wilkeson and Huey Thomasson, yet they continue to forge ahead. Rounding out the line-up is bass player Johnny Colt, an original member of the Black Crowes who recently joined the band, Mark “Sparky” Matejka on guitar, Peter Keys on keyboards, and Dale Krantz Rossington and Carol Chase as the Honkettes backing vocalists.
About Citizens Helping Heroes, Inc. (CHH):
Citizens Helping Heroes is a non-political, non-profit 501(c) (3) organization based in Washington, DC and dedicated to supporting those who selflessly defend our collective freedoms, primarily through their military service to our country. "CHH" as it is known, was formed in 2003 by a group of citizens who wished to offer recognition and assistance to our troops serving abroad, and has since expanded in scope to honor and assist all of our active military and their immediate relatives, with a special focus on our wounded warriors and families of the fallen. Our core mission is to utilize our unique position in the Washington, DC-metro area to provide regional and national assistance, recognition and "hands-on" support to our troops and to their families.
Classic Rock Presents Lynyrd Skynyrd - Last Of A Dyin' Breed Fanpack features the new album in full plus a 132-page magazine that forms the ultimate sleevenotes to the new album, with extensive and exclusive interviews with all seven members of Lynyrd Skynyrd, including guitarist and founder member Gary Rossington, singer Johnny Van Zant and guitarist Rickey Medlocke.
Inside is everything you need to know about Last Of A Dyin' Breed: the story of the making of the album and a full track-by-track guide to the album - all in the words of Rossington, Van Zant and Medlocke.
The history of Lynyrd Skynyrd from the 1960s to the present day - including rare photographs and new interviews about the band, the music and the plane crash that devastated Skynyrd in 1977.
Tributes to the late great Lynyrd Skynyrd singer Ronnie Van Zant, guitarist Steve Gaines, bassist Leon Wilkeson and keyboard player Billy Powell.
And a complete discography of Lynyrd Skynyrd - with every album reviewed.
Fan Pack includes:
Full studio album ‘Last Of A Dyin’ Breed’ which includes 2 bonus tracks exclusive to this special edition:
- Skynyrd Nation (live)
- Gimme Three Steps (live)
Plus two further bonus tracks:
- Poor Man's Dream
- Do It Up Right
132 –page magazine
Lynyrd Skynyrd pin badge
Giant double sided poster
For more details click HERE
LYNYRD SKYNYRD’S GARY ROSSINGTON
TO BE HONORED IN SONGWRITING CATEGORY
AT THE 34TH ANNUAL GEORGIA MUSIC
HALL OF FAME AWARDS
Show and Concert Scheduled for Sunday, October 14
On-Stage at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
and Live GPB Broadcast
ATLANTA, Ga. (July 31, 2012) – Lynyrd Skynyrd founding member Gary Rossington will join a distinguished roster of Georgia performing artists and music industry leaders in accepting awards on-stage at the 34th Annual Georgia Music Hall of Fame Awards Concert and Show, scheduled for Sunday, October 14 at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre. Rossington will be honored in the Songwriter Category having written well over 120 songs throughout his career including classic iconic songs like “Sweet Home Alabama,” “Simple Man,” and “What’s Your Name.” Lynyrd Skynyrd release their new album, Last of a Dyin’ Breed, on August 21, 2012.
Atlanta’s celebrated television icon Monica Pearson will be Mistress of Ceremonies of the event. A Special Performance by American Idol stars and recording artists Snellville, GA-raised Diana DeGarmo and her fiancée Ace Young, who met while appearing in the Broadway revival of “Hair,” will be another highlight of the evening. Many of the inductees will also perform during the Concert.
At the Concert and Show, to be televised live by GPB (Georgia Public Broadcasting), artists representing extraordinary talent in classical, contemporary, country and Southern Rock music will be saluted and will perform on-stage during the evening. According to Dr. Bobbie Bailey, President of Friends of Georgia Music Festival, Inc., “Since the first presentation in 1979, at which the legendary Ray Charles was an inductee, the Georgia Music Hall of Fame Awards Show and Concert has emerged as the premier forum for recognizing the scope of the performing virtuosity of Georgia-born-or-based music professionals.” Dr. Bailey thanked Jack Sawyer of Wilmington Trust, Joel Katz of Greenberg-Traurig, Delta Air Lines and Michael Taormina of the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre for “their generous and loyal sponsorship support.”
The 2012 inductees include, in addition to Robert Spano, recipient of the Chairman’s Award, musical and artist living legends as well as three giants of the Georgia entertainment arena being recognized posthumously:
• Performer – Sugarland, Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush: From the Platinum-selling #1 hit “Stay,” 22 million worldwide sales of albums and singles and five Country Music “Vocal Duo of the Year” Awards to Grammy and Academy of Country Music accolades, the duet partners combine vocal, songwriting, production and multi-instrumentalist greatness.
• Group – 38 Special: Bringing a strong Southern Rock influence to American music, 38 Special’s breakthrough hit “Hold On Loosely” has been followed by #1 Billboard albums and hits including “Back Where You Belong” and “Second Chance.”
• Non-Performer – Alex Hodges: A native Georgian, Alex Hodges is CEO of Nederlander Concerts and started his career as an agent at Walden Artists where he introduced Georgia’s Otis Redding and other R&B legends to the world. As principal at Paragon Agency and later Empire Agency, he guided the illustrious careers of stars including Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gregg Allman and groups such as Lynyrd Skynyrd. The Police, The Allmann Brothers Band, Atlanta Rhythm Section, The Outlaws, Sea Level, The Marshall Tucker Band and The Charlie Daniels Band, among others.
• Songwriter – Gary Rossington: A founding member of the legendary band Lynyrd Skynyrd, Gary Rossington has contributed to the group’s 30 million+ worldwide album sales, three 2x Platinum records and a position among the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time by Rolling Stone magazine. He has created songs that cement him as a cultural icon, including “Sweet Home Alabama,” “Simple Man” and “What’s Your Name” among many others.
• Horizon Award – Riley Biederer: Riley Biederer is a singer/songwriter from Atlanta, USA, with a voice bigger than her ex-gymnast’s frame and a resume beyond her fifteen years. Since winning Georgia state titles in the vault and the floor exercise, she has been focusing exclusively on her music. In addition to writing prodigiously on her own, she has collaborated with a host of well-known songwriters in the pop, rock and country genres, and recorded with producer/engineer Matt Still. (Elton John, Outkast). She is currently writing and recording songs for her debut album.
• Posthumous: Blues guitarist Jonny Jenkins, Fox Theatre’s organist and WSB personality Bob Van Camp and Atlanta’s beloved DJ Skinny Bobby Harper.
The honorees and luminaries of Atlanta’s entertainment, cultural and philanthropic scenes will walk the Red Carpet, beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 14. For early arrivals, a cash bar will open at 4:00 p.m. The Awards Concert and Show will begin at 5:00 p.m. Tickets starting at $60 per person and $20 per student are available for sale from August 4th onwards through www.cobbenergycentre.com or www.ticketmaster.com or call 1-800-745-3000.
We’re looking for Lynyrd Skynyrd fans in New York who want to be interviewed on camera about why they love the band! If you can be in New York City on Wednesday, August 1, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information; the label will be inviting a select group of fans to come to their offices, hear a few songs from our new album Last of a Dyin’ Breed, and testify on camera!